Phoenix is a city that offers something for everyone. If you’re looking for a fun and exciting summer vacation, look no further than the Valley of the Sun. From hiking and biking in the Sonoran Desert to exploring the vibrant art scene downtown or enjoying the nightlife in old town Scottsdale, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. You can also take a trip to nearby Sedona or Grand Canyon National Park for some outdoor adventure, or simply enjoy the sunny weather and beautiful scenery right in Phoenix. No matter what your interests are, you can find something to do in this desert metropolis. Here are 25 of the best things to do in Phoenix this summer:
Top 1 – 10
1. Take a hike. There are plenty of great trails to explore in and around Phoenix. Check out Camelback Mountain or Piestewa Peak for some great views of the city.
2. Go biking. The Sonoran Desert is a great place to go for a ride. There are many trails to choose from, so you can find one that’s perfect for your skill level.
3. Visit the museums. Phoenix has some great museums, including the Arizona Science Center and the Heard Museum.
4. See a show. Catch a musical or play at one of the city’s theaters, such as the Orpheum Theatre or the Phoenix Theatre.
5. Go to a Suns game. Support the local NBA team by watching them play at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
6. Shop til you drop. There are many great shopping options in Phoenix, from upscale malls to smaller boutiques.
7. Sample the food. Phoenix has a thriving food scene, so be sure to try some of the local restaurants.
8. Catch a movie. See the latest blockbuster at Harkins Camelview 14 or FilmBar.
9. Enjoy the nightlife in Old town Scottsdale. It’s full of bars and clubs, so you can go out and have a good time.
10. Relax at a spa. Take some time to relax and rejuvenate at one of Phoenix’s many spas.
Top 11 – 25
11. Go golfing. Phoenix is a great place to play golf, with many courses to choose from.
12. Watch the sunset in Phoenix. The city has some great places to watch the sunset, such as South Mountain Park or Camelback Mountain.
13. Visit the zoo. The Phoenix Zoo is home to over 1,400 animals, so you’re sure to see some of your favorites.
14. Catch a Diamondbacks game. Root for the home team at Chase Field, where you can also enjoy some great food and drinks.
15. Explore Sedona. Take a day trip to Sedona to see the red rocks and go hiking or shopping in the many art galleries.
16. Visit the Grand Canyon. One of the Seven Wonders of the World is just a short drive from Phoenix.
17. Tour the Taliesin West. Frank Lloyd Wright’s winter home and studio is open for tours in Scottsdale.
18. See the Musical Instrument Museum. This museum is home to over 15,000 musical instruments from around the world.
19. Shop at the Biltmore Fashion Park. This upscale shopping center features many high-end stores and restaurants.
20. Play at Desert Ridge Marketplace. This outdoor mall has plenty of shops and restaurants, as well as a movie theater and an amusement park.
21. Go to a spring training game. Watch your favorite team prepare for the season at one of the many spring training facilities in the Phoenix area.
22. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden. This garden features over 50,000 plants, including many cacti and succulents.
23. Take a scenic drive. There are many beautiful drives to take in and around Phoenix, so you can explore the area at your own pace.
24. See the Petrified Forest. This national park is home to petrified wood and fossils dating back millions of years.
25. Attend a festival. Phoenix hosts many festivals throughout the year, so you can enjoy live music, food, and more.
Phoenix is a great city for summertime fun. There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained, from hiking and biking in the Sonoran Desert to exploring the vibrant art scene downtown or enjoying the nightlife in old town Scottsdale. You can also take a trip to nearby Sedona or Grand Canyon National Park for some outdoor adventure, or simply enjoy the sunny weather and beautiful scenery right in Phoenix. No matter what your interests are, you can find something to do in this desert metropolis.