A lot of people aren’t aware that they can make legal complaints in Dubai regarding medical treatments and issues. Just with everything else, medical treatments in the UAE are given top-of-the-line priority because they relate to people’s health conditions.
Health authorities in the United Arab Emirates focused on giving top-notch treatment and chances to people to obtain medical compensation for any uncertain grievances suffered at the hands of licensed medical teams or facilities. So, bringing this to your notice, you can legally complain about your nonprofessional medical treatment in Dubai.
There are several authorized bodies in the UAE to whom you can make a complaint regarding the improper medical treatment you get in the UAE. Complaints can be made to the Ministry of Health and Prevention, Dubai Health Authority, and the Department of Health.
Filing a Medical Compliant with MOHAP
Filing a medical complaint with the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) allows all the people in Dubai to take legal action against private clinics, licensed hospitals, and healthcare facilities. You can also acquire the best law firms in Dubai to file a medical complaint against incompetent service providers.
All the hospitals in the UAE are covered and taken complaints of MOHAP. From Dubai to Sharjah, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, and Umm Al Quwain, the Ministry of Health and Prevention takes careful measures against complaints about incompetent healthcare treatments. With this said, here is the process of making a legal complaint to the Ministry of Health and Prevention;
- The complaint process starts with visiting the Ministry of Health and Prevention Medical complaint section.
- As soon as the page displays, click on the start service message in the top right corner.
- The next step is to log in by using your UAEPASS or register an account.
- You will be required to select ‘Create New Medical Complaint.’
- Fill out all the information regarding the Medical Facility Complaint Form.
- Attach all the supporting documents and then click on submit.
- After submitting your complaint, the MOHAP will assign a technical committee to investigate the matter and present their findings to the Medical Licensing Committee for a final decision.
Filing a Medical Complaint with DHA
Filing a medical complaint in Dubai is possible with Dubai Health Authority. This said, here are a few ways to file a complaint in Dubai regarding your medical dissatisfactory;
- Start your complaint submission by visiting the official website of the Dubai Health Authority.
- Share all the details of the account to your complaint while sending it to the Dubai Health Authority and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also make your complaint by calling 800 342 (DHA).
- If your complaint is regarding the hospitals and healthcare professionals in Dubai Free Zones and for those registered with MOH, i.e., the Ministry of Health will not review it in any case.
- If you are a national, resident, or tourist, you can make a complaint in Dubai regarding improper medical treatment.
- You must fill in all the requirements on the medical complaint form, attach the relevant documents, and then submit it.
Duration of Complaint Response
For the medical complaints in Dubai or any other Emirate of UAE, the response or the duration of response is in three categories;
- If the nature of your medical complaint is sensitive, it will take around two working days to revert.
- As for the regular complaints, the duration of response is around seven working days.
- The next is for the urgent complaints for which maximum time of answer is 1 day.
Just after the you make a complaint, the user will receive an email verification of the successful submission. After this, the Clinical Governance Office will receive the case and they will content both parties regarding the complaint. The Clinical Governance Office will notify the issuer regarding the conclusive settlement of the case.
The Final Takeaway
The best thing to focus on while reporting to the right or concerned authority. This includes the valid Emirates IDs, bills, receipts, medical certificates, and other necessary documents required for medical complaints by the concerned authority. Moreover, the authorities also request people to make complaints related to medical issues only. And that the authorities will not deal with complaints regarding behavioral, financial, or administrative issues. So, in a nutshell, you can also take the legal route for inappropriate medical treatments or checkups in the UAE by contacting the right concerned authorities.